+1 (760) 831 4746
+1 (760) 831 4746
Designer | Artist | Founder
New York, New York
Studio Hai is the art and design practice of Andrew Furmanski. Via artworks, objects, and designs, he conjures visions of work that blurs conventions, crosses mediums, and playfully integrates into the built environment. His work has been featured, amongst others, in Dezeen, Elle Decor, and Label Magazine.
New York, New York
Eventscape is a North American company that collaborates with architects, artists, and creatives to design, fabricate, and install projects of any typology and scale. As a Senior Designer, Andrew works with a team of project managers, designers, engineers, and craftspeople throughout the project delivery process.
• Coordinates and manages design deliverables for projects of varying scope and sizes throughtout North America.
• Coordinates and organizes the materials necessary for the bidding of new projects.
• Designs and develops solutions to technical problems in coordination with kindred built environment professionals.
• Mentors fellow studio members in the methodology, execution, and completion of everyday design tasks including the resolution of both conceptual and technical objectives.
Martha Schwartz Partners
New York, New York
Martha Schwartz Partners (MSP) is a leading international design practice whose work focuses on activating and regenerating urban sites and city centres. Situated at the intersection of public realm, urban design and site specific art, MSP has 40 years of experience designing and implementing installations, gardens, civic plazas, parks, institutional landscapes, corporate headquarters, master plans, and urban regeneration projects.
• Collaborated with Partners/Principals in the bidding for and completion of landscape design projects around the world.
• Used experience within public art and design realm to design and consult on bespoke design elements and artistic interventions within a project - successfully steering those outcomes to buildable works of design and art.
Hudson Scenic Studio
New York, New York
Hudson Scenic Studio is a premier provider of custom fabrication, automation and bespoke finishes, servicing the entertainment and architectural industries.
• Collaborated with the Hudson Scenic team in the bidding for an environmental design/theming project in NYC and an artwork/theming installation in Newark, NJ by providing design input, knowledge, and technical skills.
• Used experience within public art and design realms to design and consult on bespoke design elements and artistic interventions within a project - successfully steering those outcomes towards a more optimized bidding.
Senior Designer | Associate
Shanghai, China | New York, New York
UAP (Urban Art Projects) is a global art company that collaborates with emerging and established artists, galleries, architects, developers, and designers to deliver creative outcomes for the public & private realm. Founded in 1993, UAP has design and fabrication facilities in New York City, the Hudson Valley, Shanghai, China, and Brisbane, Australia. UAP works across all parts of the creative process: from commissioning and curatorial services, concept generation and design development, to engineering, fabrication, and installation.
As a Senior Designer with UAP, Andrew successfully collaborated with numerous international artists and designers by driving the design direction and outcome of client commissioned works across all spectrums of the public realm: including residential, commercial and institutional. Notable completed projects and collaborations include but are not limited to:
• Andrew Furmanski’s, Emergence - A WAN Award Nominee
• Charles Petillion’s, Cloud
• Elena Manferdini’s, Living Picture
• Ding Yi’s, Movement of Codes & Breathing By Layers
• Florentijn Hofman’s, Selfie Panda
• Lawrence Argent’s, Beyond Reflection
In each project, Andrew oversaw and lead in all aspects of the delivery process from commissioning and curatorial services, through concept generation, artist liaising and design development then into fabrication, quality control, and installation. Andrew’s design mentoring, conceptual brainstorming, technical design leadership, project management, and liason skills resulted in the successful completion and installation of several notable works of public art and architecture.
island6 Arts Center
island6 Arts Center is an artist-founded project managed and based in Shanghai, China. The center is dedicated to the support of the island6 art collective, Liu Dao 짇돎, and explores the cultural ramifications of the convergence of art, technology, and science.
• Assisted the curatorial team for the exhibition Urban Operandi at Island 6’s Hong Kong gallery.
IMG3 was a contemporary landscape and urban design practice whose work focused on activating urban sites and commercial city centres across China. Blending the design of the public realm with site specific art, IMG3 completed installations, gardens, civic plazas, and parks in China’s major urban cities of Beijing, Chengdu, Kunming, and Shanghai.
• Led a team of designers to numerous competition victories for projects encompassing commercial, residential, office, institutional and urban design developments throughout China.
• Developed design solutions to technical problems posed by a project’s scope by independently evaluating, selecting, applying, and adapting standard urban and environmental design techniques and procedures.
• Managed the presentation and report development for clients then attended meetings to both deliver and ensure the design objectives clarity and comprehension.
• Participated in the refinement and expansion of the firm’s branding, marketing, and business platform in preparation for market expansion during the opening of two new domestic offices.
ECOLAND is a well-established design firm with extensive, multidisciplinary experience. Their teams work collaboratively with clients, striving to apply their knowledge of urban planning, architecture, environmental, and cultural issues in the completion of livable city spaces in projects all over the world.
• Involved in several aspects of the planning and design process for projects of varying scales across China; specifically, Andrew worked with senior architects on the form and function of a 5700 sq.m. green roof, contributed towards an award winning design for Dalian Wanda Group, and contributed to the renowned Beijing development, ‘The Hidden City.’
Selected Commissions & Collaborations
• Lindy Lee, Hong Kong Peak Tram, Hong Kong; Lead Designer
• Studio Hai, Restore, Qingdao, China; Shortlisted Artist
• Studio Hai, Boundless/Seemless, Shenzhen, China; Shortlisted Artist
• Studio Hai, Nomo Fomo, Art on the Atlanta Beltine; Shortlisted Artist
• Studio Hai, Turtle Island, ArtPrize 2020; Comissioned Artist
• Florentijn Hofman’s, Selfie Panda, Dujiangyan, China; Lead Designer
• Kehinde Wiley, Rumours of War, New York, NY/Richmond, VA; Quality Control Assistance
• Ding Yi, Movement of Codes/Breathing By Layers, Shanghai, China; Lead Designer
• Elena Manferdini’s, Living Picture, Dongguan, China; Lead Designer
• Charles Petillion, Cloud, Beijing, China; Lead Designer
• Christian de Vietri, Between Heaven and Earth, Zhengzhou, China; Lead Designer
• Andrew Furmanski, Emergence, Qingdao, China; Comissioned Designer|Artist
• Richard Sweeney, Reflection, Zhengzhou, China; Lead Designer
• Lawrence Argent’s, Beyond Reflection, Shenzhen, China; Lead Designer
Certifications and Awards
• OSHA 10
• WAN Award Finalist: Best Use of Metal in Architecture, Emergence, Qingdao, China
• LEED Green Associate
• American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award
• Neel Reid Memorial Scholarship
• School of Environment + Design Scholarship
• URG Design Merit Award
• H.B. Owens Award in the School of Environment + Design
Certificate of Comprehensive Chinese, Shanghai Jiaotong University
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, College of Environment + Design - University of Georgia, 2011
• 1 of 3 in graduating class to receive American Society of Landascape Arcihtects Honors award
• Adobe CS
• Microsoft Office Suite
• English (Fluent/Native)
• Mandarin (Working Proficiency/Advanced)
• Spanish (Beginner/Intermediate)